The AN/PVS-21 COTM Clip-On Thermal Module provides thermal imaging capability for the AN/PVS-21 Low-Profile Night Vision Goggle. Various spectral bands offer several unique advantages such as image-intensified NIR for high-resolution target identification, while thermal imaging lets the user rapidly acquire targets, and see through smoke or fog and total darkness.
The COTM injects thermal imagery directly onto the eyepiece of the AN/PVS-21 LPNVG so the thermal image retains its black and white color for instant spectral-band differentiation by the operator. The COTM can also be used as a full-color capable Heads Up Display. NTSC or PAL external video sources can be optically overlaid onto the I2 night vision scene of the AN/PVS-21 LPNVG for greater situational awareness.
- Large field-of-view thermal imagery for improved detection, recognition, identification and situational awareness.
- Functions as a full-color SVGA heads-up display.
- Instantly switches between internal thermal imagery to external video sources (weapon sight, maps, UAV video feeds, navigation or communications).
- Day or night capability.
- Small profile and light weight.
- Quickly attaches to either side of the AN/PVS-21 LPNVG for greater versatility.